Monday, May 11, 2009

The Utah experience

I currently am not able to post pictures from my camera because i have lost the device to download pictures. So in time they will come.
I have been in Utah for a month and a half now. While I am still not ready to get a Utah phone number or drivers license, I am here. Things have been good, I cant deny that I do somewhat feel that I have dropped off the face of the earth. There have been alot of adjustments however. Not working is a big one, hence the dropped off the earth feeling. But for the first time ever I am staying with my little girl all day. I feel that I need to completely savor each day. I have worked since she was four weeks old. It is a really comforting feeling knowing that I don't have to leave her to go to work. But at the same time I do miss working. Cant win them all right?
I love the mountains! Having resided in Arizona my entire life, mountains are a new scenery change for me. How have I gone a whole lifetime with out the beauty of a mountain landscape? It is really a treat to look out and see mountains which still hold snow on them. I have also never experienced the tulips that are rampant in every yard. They are beautiful, something that Arizona can never host.
I have discovered that I am a true Arizona girl however. I really hate being cold. The few weeks of snow were brutal for me. I need sunshine! I love nothing more then waking up to a sunny morning. Snow is not my thing. I really hate being cold.
My little one has adjusted well. There is a constant parade of kids all around. She doesn't stop playing from morning till night. I am happy that she is able to have an experience like this. I remember my summers of playing until it was dark, then it was time to go home. I am happy that she will have that as part of her childhood. I am not used to letting her run so free so that has caused some stress.
Change is an interesting part of life. Sometimes we are forced to change, sometimes we choose to. I am learning so much at this road in my life. I miss many of you. I miss my dog. He is still in Az in the care of a good friend. In due time I know that all things will work out. Until next time!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I love getting this insight into your mind. Well spoken Jewel. My friend I miss you! I am glad to hear you are taking time to enjoy the scenery. Change. Gosh. Isn't it interesting? I am glad to hear you are embracing it. And you are so right there are some changes you choose and others that choose you. I hope you know how awesome I think you are and how much you really are missed in AZ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never realized how deep of thinker you are, you painted a great picture!! I miss you so much, I need to get up and see you sooooooon. Also, if you ever want to run away to that island I was talking about Im sure we could find you some tulips and a great scenery..just think about it:)

    Thanks for being such an amazing friend, you're awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you Jewel! I had my first hair experience without you. It made me miss you more. It is great to be able to keep in touch this way.
    JoLynn

    ReplyDelete